03 September 2009

Hello World

Awww... isn't he cute?

Introducing our little baby boy! We're so excited. I loved getting a good look at him, his arms, legs, spine, face, heart... I didn't like the seriously full bladder. I kinda overcompensated with the water, and it was seriously painful. I was thankful when we were finally done, it sort of sucks the joy out of it... one the one hand, you want to see the baby move, on the other, man you gotta pee!

I just knew we were having a boy. I've known since I saw that positive test. In ways, I've known since before then, but that's hard to explain. I guess most of that is personal, and things I ponder in my heart. We do have a pretty solid name picked out, but I won't share it here just yet, because for some reason, that feels like jinxing it.

We're thankful to have a healthy boy. We're thankful that we can start telling Sariah about her baby brother! She's going to be an excellent big sister.

4 comments:

Jenny said...

Yay for cute baby boys! I just knew you were having a boy. I can't wait to meet my new little nephew!

Susan said...

I second Jenny's yay! I'm excited for another nephew. FYI - it sounds to me like maybe you're drinking a bit too much for your sonogram. They need a full bladder but not a 'so full I can't even enjoy the moment' bladder. 16 ounces ought to do it. :)

Alan and Denise said...

Congratulations! I knew it was a boy too. He'll be a wonderful addition to your family.

Lisa said...

All the cool people have boys for the second child--your mom, my mom, Doug's mom (yes?), Jenny, Jessica, me... Congratulations!

What do you like for your boy stuff: trucks? dinosaurs? pirates? astrophysics?