07 December 2007

A "weighty" update...

Ya'll remember about 6 weeks ago when I posted about making a change in my eating and exercising habits? Well here's a little update for you. Okay, I'm bragging, but we'll pretend its an update... :)

So November was a rocky month, I was sick for weeks and didn't work out as regularly as I should have. I made that dress for my anniversary that didn't fit. I was a little down hearted. At one point I almost gave up because I thought it just wasn't worth it. Then I got over myself and realized, yes, yes it was. So I switched it up a little. I'm still on the exercise bike for 30 min. a day, but before I use my Dancing With The Stars Cardio Workout dvd. It was kicking my butt, but I'm getting better at it.
Sunday I got my size 20 jeans all wet and gross by shoveling snow, so on a whim I pulled out my size 18 jeans, and I was suprised when they actually fit! The next day, I tried again and they still fit. On Wed. I put on a different pair of 18 jeans thinking maybe it was a fluke, but those fit too! These are jeans I haven't been able to wear since Jan. 2006 (before I got pregnant!) Its awesome because they were brand new too when I got pregnant.
So needless to say, I was excited. Yesterday I caved in and bought a bathroom scale because I had to know exactly what I weighed, I was thinking maybe I lost 10 lbs. and would be in the 230ies... but no, I got on and suprise! I weight 220! That's 12 lbs. under my prepregnancy weight and what I weighed at my wedding. Sure, my body is different because I've had a baby, but its still really great! 24lbs. is nothing to sneeze at!
So now I'm really encouraged. This eating right/exercise thing works! Who knew?

9 comments:

Jenny said...

That is so awesome, Marin!!! I'll have to use you as my role model after this baby is born. By the way, how is the dancing with the stars workout dvd? I almost bought it when it came out. Is it easy to learn? I haven't done a work out video since Tae-bo.

Also, is Doug losing weight, too? In a picture of him awhile back (mabye Sariah's bday) he was looking leaner...

Jenny said...

That is so awesome, Marin!!! I'll have to use you as my role model after this baby is born. By the way, how is the dancing with the stars workout dvd? I almost bought it when it came out. Is it easy to learn? I haven't done a work out video since Tae-bo.

Also, is Doug losing weight, too? In a picture of him awhile back (mabye Sariah's bday) he was looking leaner...

Jenny said...

Apparently I don't know how to hit the "publish your comment" button. Sorry for the double post!

Allison @ House of Hepworths said...

Great work! Keep it up!! It is so worth it. Congratulations on the huge accomplishment!!!!

Susan said...

I'll try not to leave this comment twice (haha Jenny). But great job! That's amazing. And I second Jenny's question. I thought Doug looked skinnier in recent pictures too. Has he been losing weight?

Marin said...

Doug has actually lost 15-20lbs. doing (and here's the kicker) NOTHING. Grrr. He actually did say that he stopped eatting popcorn and drinking cocoa at work, but that's it. He's at 155lbs., only 5 more to his goal weight.

I like the DwtS dvd, but I think you need a little dance training before you do it. They don't actually explain the moves, they just do it. I watched the dvd once before I actually got up and did it. I'm doing pretty good with the paso & the cha cha, but I tried samba today, and that's wasn't so great.

Lisa said...

Woo hoooo!!! Rock on, girl! I love the feeling of pulling out all your favorite clothes from the "other" wardrobe and having them finally fit. It's so great. Here's hoping you'll be discarding the 18s soon, and moving on to 16.

Andrea said...

Great job Marin. I feel like it's the mission all over again, and you're just going to keep shrinking! Way to go!

Mary said...

Way to go Marin! Don't you hate it how men don't have to do anything and they lose weight?