16 October 2007

Family Fun







Sariah and I just returned from a 5 day trip to Utah to see my brother's new baby boy, J.T., and visit family out there. We had a really good time and Sariah really enjoyed all the attention she got from everyone. Its great that she's so friendly, she warmed up to almost everyone really quickly, and did well for so many new faces all at once. My mom flew up from Texas and my other brother, Jason, came from Georgia so almost my entire family was there, minus Doug, Jason's fience, Jodi, and her son, James, and my Dad. We stayed at my Oma's house, so there was lots of room and people were always ready to play with Sariah.




Thursday, we drove up and saw Doug's Grandparents Croft. It was really good to see them, and Sariah had a whole lot of fun playing with their toys and reading the new books they bought her.




On Friday I left Sariah with my cousin, Josie, and Oma, my mom, my two brother's, my Sister-in-law, Jamie, my Aunt & Uncle and I went to the temple together. It was the first time that my mom has been able to come into the temple with us, something she wasn't able to do for any of our weddings. So it was really special to finally be there with her. A lot has happened in my mother's life in the past year, and I'm really proud of everything she's done and the person she is. I love her.




Friday evening we all went to the Olive Garden for dinner. Some of my cousins came too, so there was 13 adults and 3 kids. It was a big group and lots of fun. Sariah liked playing with her great-cousin, Brian.




Saturday, my mom, Jason and I attended a University of Utah football game (Go Utes!!) My brother, Justin, is an athletic trainer for the team and got us great tickets. I love college football, especially college football live. It was an exciting game and we had lots of fun! (Check out the picture of this guy dressed as a Utes Pirate. He was a little extreme. You can't see it in this pic, but he was using a big pirate flag that said "Give us the Booty" as a cape. When a big play was about to happen, he'd stand up and get the crowd going.)




Sunday, Justin blessed J.T. in church so we all attended his ward and then we had a big luncheon at my Oma's house. It was a very sweet blessing. I was so glad we could attend.




And now we're back home. If you want to look at all the pictures, you can take a peak here: http://community.webshots.com/album/561068870nMnUPI?vhost=community My mom is sending me a cd with the pictures she took, so I'll post more later.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Your Mom went to the temple with you! Oh, Marin, that's awesome!!! It had to have been wonderful, being there together for the first time. I'm so glad you had a good trip. And Sariah looks good in the dress--She and Elena would look so cute together, in their matching dresses.

Cynthia Z said...

Hey Marin! (found your page through Lisa's) It's so awesome to see that things are going so well for everyone! It's wonderful to hear y'all were all able to make it to the temple together! What a terrific experience that had to have been. A special congrats to your mom!

Mary said...

What a great trip! Glad you had fun.