04 March 2008

Our Warm, Wonderful (Extended) Weekend!

Brrr... Wisconsin is cold and its been a LONG Winter! So when we found out that my Sister-in-Law, Jodi, would be going through the temple for her first time in Atlanta, GA, we packed our bags!!! Plus we'd never met my brother's wife and son, so we wanted to get aquainted. I love her to bits. She's awesome and I'm glad we were able to be there for her first session. Actually, everyone in the session knew her personally (it was a small group) and that was great.

But I'm getting ahead of myself. So, we left early Thursday morning and got into Atlanta about 1:30pm. My mom's flight came in before us, so we rented a car and drove out to Jodi's mom's house where we'd be staying. We stopped at a Waffle House on the way and had lunch. Doug had never been to Waffle House before. He thought it was great, and why not? Who can complain with all day breakfast?

Jodi's mom and step-dad live in a newer community in Newnan. The houses were ginormous and all surrounded this lake. It was a beautiful area and nice to be in over the weekend. Saturday, Doug, Sariah and I took a walk around the block and it was perfect weather: sunny, warm and a cool breeze coming off the lake.

The Atlanta Temple was awesome. I'd never been there before. It was really great to attend a session with my family. I love the special spirit of the temple and knowing that my family can be forever. Jodi and Jason were just beaming. We're looking forward to their sealing in early Aug. (They don't have to wait a year because Jodi is a convert, but they're waiting for Jodi's mom to hit her 1 year mark and receive her endowments.)

Poor Sariah. You can see she wasn't a very happy camper over the weekend. She's cutting at least 9 teeth right now, and then a change of scenery, plus scary new people (that we left her with while we went to the temple) and other factors made her an unhappy camper. She loved to be outside and walk around, but she kept falling down. She's got scraped knees and some bonks on her head. There was also a large uncarpeted staircase that she really wanted to play on, but we couldn't really let her, lest she fall down and crack her skull. So she's happy to be home.

We did see a little bit of Newnan, like the Redneck Gourmet, and the Catfish House Resturants. And we went one evening with Jodi and Jason to Jodi's first son, Glenn's, grave. We also had lots of fun playing the Wii and we learned that my brain is bigger than everybody else, but Jason can beat me up easily in boxing. It was a wonderful, WARM, weekend and now we're glad to be home!View all the photos HERE.

7 comments:

Richard Daniels said...

That's so ironic Marin- I was in Atlanta over the weekend too! We went to a wedding in Augusta- the weather was very nice there also. Looks like you had fun! Sariah is getting so much bigger now.

Susan said...

Ah - well that answers my "where did you go" question. I'm glad you guys were able to go. Sounds like a good trip. Plus, warm weather sounds so nice... I really like the dress you're wearing in the picture too - you look good in purple. Now back to studying...

Melissa said...

Sounds like a fabulous trip! Do you know how Jodi's first died? Just curious.
Melissa

Jenny said...

Glad you had fun! That warm weather sounds nice. And, by the way, cute dress!

Jenny said...

Man, either I'm basically identical to Susan, or I'm just lame. I didn't read the comments before I posted mine--my comment sounds just like Susan's. :P Oh well. It IS a cute dress, and Atlanta DOES sound nice.

Marin said...

That dress was $6 on clearance (from $70) at JCP. Hurray for great finds!

Lisa said...

Cheap and adorable makes it awesome. Glad you got away from the snow and ice for a few days, and even got to wander around without coats. It's certainly the best part about Texas winters. Big hugs to all!