28 March 2008

Change

I love Doug, he's a pretty adaptable guy. He's been supportive of me whenever I get one of my crazy ideas. He's really good at his work with new things he's creating or things he's redesigning. That being said, some things are really hard for him to change. Like buying a new pair of shoes. He's needed a new pair since last Summer. Over the Winter the soles cracked, but he still wouldn't admit he needed a new pair. I've taken him to look several times, but he's never found anything that he felt compaired to his old pair. Wednesday night I finally took him to a shoe store and told him that he had to find a new pair. After much resisting, he finally agreed to a new pair. Of course, they have to be a Father's Day gift, and even then he's still going to wear his old pair until they fall off his feet. Stubborn? Yes, sometimes he is. Cute? Most definately!

It was a buy one get on 1/2 off sale, so I snagged myself a new pair of running shoes. I bought my last pair when I worked at the shoe dept. at Sears in 2001 and they've traveled to Germany & back with me. Still, you wonder why I need running shoes at all... Well, speaking of crazy ideas... There's a group of women in my ward that have decided to run a half marathon at the end of Oct. I've decided to join them. (For all those who don't know, a half marathon is 13 miles.) I just might be crazy, but here I go. I've found a "How to get started with running" program online that takes 8 weeks, then I'll start a 12 week training program. I'm suprised how excitied I am about this, because I've always hated running, but I'm up for it. (I also haven't started yet, so we'll see how I feel in a couple of weeks.) So I guess change can be good!

And Sariah? Well she's always changing, but she's still cute!

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Half marathons are a good goal to work toward. Not as rough as a full marathon, but you do need serious training. And giving yourself 6-7 months to get in shape and ready to run that sort of distance is good, too. Plus, having training buddies is a major help. I think you'll do just fine. Good luck!

Susan said...

Good luck with the half marathon. Be sure you get lots of calcium as you're training so you don't do any damage to your bones. A lady at my work shattered her hip by prepping for a marathon. She was just walking through walmart and CRACK she had a spiral fracture.

Jenny said...

Wow, a half marathon! I'm suitably impressed. A group of women in my ward ran the Boulder Bolder (or is it Bolder Boulder?). I did not participate...

Amanda said...

I think running a 1/2 marathon is a fantastic idea! Good luck :) Let me know how your training is going, that sounds like fun.

Melissa said...

Way to Go Marin! I hope that traing goes well and that you enjoy it! It makes it easier to have people you enjoy doing it along with you!
You are awesome!