30 August 2007

Its that season again...

Its time to incorperate two of my favorite things... football and making hats! Coming this fall there's a good chance that Sariah and I will be attending a Univ. of Utah football game. So I got into the spirit of things and knitted her her own Utah hat to wear to show some team spirit! Go UTES!!! As a kid, when we lived in Utah, we had season tickets to the Ute games and I remember going from a very early age. I really enjoy football. I really get into it. Doug thinks I'm crazy. He also thinks I'm trying to brainwash Sariah that BYU is evil. This is not true. I'm just trying to show her when it comes to sport rivals, you gotta pick sides. But to prove I'm not trying to corrupt our kids, I made her this nifty BYU hat...

See, I'm playing fair. (Sort of.... *insert evil laugh here*) Anyways, here's both hats in a side by side comparison...
On a completely seperate note, but I'm too lazy to create a second blog entry... check out Sariah's first braid!

10 comments:

Susan and Chris said...

Uh-oh. A BYU vs. Utah rivalry already. Go cougs!

Allison @ House of Hepworths said...

We cheer U of U over BYU any day! Cute hats!

Lisa said...

Sounds like my grandparents' house--Opa was an Aggie, Oma's a Longhorn, so both kids went to Rice. And, Longhorn though I am, when I visited friends at A&M I cheered and sang along with everyone else. I even knew the words, thanks to my dad.

Lisa said...

Oh, and I may like BYU better, but Sariah looks better in the U of U hat. Brings out the glow in her cheeks.

Mary said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mary said...

Go BYU! She looks cute in the hats. :)

Jenny said...

Yes, very cute hats. I'll have to learn how to do that someday. (Go BYU!)

Melissa said...

Marin, those hats are soooooo cute! You should give them as baby gifts, or sell them! They'd be big sellers! (Ok, maybe not in your state, but they would be here!) I cannot believe you an already braid Sariah's hair! So cute!

Alma32 said...

the hats are really cute.

Andrea said...

I had no idea you were so talented with yarn! As a BYU alum, I'd have to pick the blue one, but Sariah does look better in red as one reader already commented. Maybe you can make one half in half. Have a Y on the front, and a U on the back. There's an idea!